Sunday, October 26, 2008

No Longer "Drained"

Well, the day finally came!!! I thought it was never going to come, but it FINALLY did!! My surgical drain was taken out on Friday!!! It was such a relief and very exciting to get it out, but I must say it felt a little weird not having that thing attached to me anymore. I posted before and after pictures and a picture of exactly how much of the tubing was inside of me since people have been curious.

Before:


After:


This isn't the best picture of what my stomach looks like without the drain. I couldn't get the drain or bandage wet, so I couldn't take a shower. Yeah, it was awful. I could only sit in a couple inches of water in the bath and sponge bathe and then wash my hair in the sink. Let's just say it was a long 6 weeks!! My skin was so yucky underneath the bandage; very dry and moist at the same time. The picture below shows the length of the drain, and the yucky stuff on the bandage is almost like mold. It was gross!!! The blue tube that is curled and on the left side of the bandage is what was inside of me.


It is so nice being back to normal and getting back into our old routine. Grady has been so good through all of this. Here are some pictures of my sweet boy from the last 6 weeks.

3 comments:

The Fish Family said...

I am glad that your ordeal is over and that you can take a regular shower now! That would be horrible. Sorry that I wasn't able to hook up with you while I was down there. We ended up coming home sooner than I thought. Also...I need your phone number so that next time I am down there I can give you a call. If you would just email it to me at cstuart8@hotmail.com. Thanks and I will talk to you later.

Matt, Katie, Jayden, Jolie & Harlie said...

Oh I'm so exited for you that it's out. You are a trooper Micah. I think I would have gone insane. No, I know I would've. Are you ready for the movie? Yeah!!!

Farnes Family said...

Yea.... I am so proud of you for being such a trooper through that whole mess. I hope your feeling better now. I am so happy for you!!! Love ya Mic.